Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Book Review: The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett


The Author: Terry Pratchett

Julia Rating: 7 out of 10

My Comments:
This is purported as the first of the famous Discworld Series by Terry Pratchett and I have to say that I think his later books are much better. This primitive beginning of his series was funny and adventurous with great characters and so forth, but the end was a little disappointing and the book flew off in all directions. I'm sure that the author was flying off in all directions when writing it, wanting to explore different parts of the new world he had created, but as a reader I felt like was being dragged along for the ride - not sitting in the passenger's seat. All in all I love Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series, but this first book didn't do it for me.

No comments: